**As the FCC requires all units sold in the US to be programmed by a qualified technician. Please submit the form below for programming at time of purchase. A copy of the MMSI Registration or FCC Ship Station License is required along with the vessel master or owner's signature on the completed programming form. **
Click here to download form.
SmartFind M5 AIS Class A Transponder
The SMARTFIND M5 AIS Class A transponder is packed with powerful features. It is the first to include an AIS MOB and AIS SART alarm function, with a Steer To Rescue MOB display enabling you to quickly and easily navigate to the location of the MOB. As well as the traditional "radar style" display and AIS target list views, the SMARTFIND M5 also features an embedded coastline map which accurately plots the AIS equipped vessels on a chart overview display - without the need to connect to an external plotter.
Designed to operate as a stand alone unit, the SMARTFIND M5 can also be integrated with ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display), ECS (Electronic Chart System) or chartplotters via its NMEA0183, NMEA2000 and USB interfaces. It can also be interfaced with a PC system using the PC AIS Viewer software supplied with the unit.
This product may not be returned to the original point of purchase. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any issues or concerns.
- Compact, low cost solution
- Meets EU Fishing Mandate requirements for Class A shipborne AIS transponders
- 3.5" color LCD display including embedded coastline map
- Target list and radar overview displays
- Unique AIS MOB and AIS alarm function
- Optimised for use with McMurdo S10 and S20 personal AIS beacons
- "Buddy List" of crew AIS Beacon IDs allows easy identification of crewmember in distress
- NMEA0183, NMEA2000 and USB interface to ECDIS, ECS and chartplotting systems
- Includes GPS antenna
- Optional remote MOB/Alarm sounder